All Star Baseball 2003 Gamecube prototypes
The Yankee Stadium, this name does not tell you anything? It is a famous baseball stadium located in New York. John McClane, along with Zeus, was almost killed there in Die Hard 3. Oops, that's right, we're not here to talk about movies !
Like American soccer and its derivative video games (NFL QBC 2000, NFL QBC 2002), baseball is a sport that has difficulty crossing the Atlantic. In the United States, on the other hand, fans have a real cult following.
Acclaim, a specialist in all kinds of sports games, released All Star Baseball 2003 like every year. The problem with this kind of games is that they are reserved for the fans of this sport and leave the others on the sidelines.
Who will be able to make the perfect game, striking out all of the opposing team's batters without any of them reaching first base ?
The specificities of the build of January 16, 2002 :
When launching the prototype, the first surprising thing is the absence of the animated logo of the publisher Acclaim. Since the baseball introduction cinematic is not there, we won't be able to see the baseball players at work, in the most famous stadiums of the world (hello Yankee Stadium).
At the warning screen of the space required to save the game, the warning message is not correct.
The copyright window of All Star Baseball 2003 differs from that of the final version.
Normally, a video is visible in a space reserved for this purpose on the left side of the main menu. In this prototype version, the movie is replaced by a model of a baseball player.
- There are frequent discrepancies when browsing the game menus and options, such as : unusual alignment and layout of on-screen descriptions, the color of menu headers or window information titles remaining white instead of green, abnormal font size, display of navigation help buttons that may be missing for some menus, some information on game windows that are not grayed out, etc.
- When scrolling manually through the files of the people who participated in the development of the game, in "Credit" within the "Special Features" option, some people are not yet represented by their photos on the right of the screen. The thank you messages of some staff members do not correspond to those in the final version. In some categories of professions, creators are not yet credited.
- The "Movie" sub-option is new and specific to the "Special Features" menu of the build. The game crashes by selecting it.
- If you want to set the parameters of the software according to the player's affinities, in "Options" it is impossible to change the volume of the music in the different menus, the alternative not being proposed by the prototype. Still in the same place, the window for loading or saving a game differs from the final product.
- When browsing the "Players Card" option and selecting "View Cards", the card image is not the same as the one used at the end of the game programming.
There are plenty of other particularities to the build, it's up to you to find them. Take a look at the stage selection where you can observe the loadings between the prototype and the final version without forgetting some stages that are not finished !!!
You can download the build of All Star Baseball 2003 Gamecube below
Acclaim prototype of the project "Duffy's Collection Part 2" : Shadowman (Unreleased) PC - Shadowman Ps1 - South Park Rally Ps1 - South Park Rally PC - Re-Volt Ps1 - The Red Star (Unreleased) Xbox - NFL Quarterback Club 2002 Ps2 - NFL Quarterback Club 2002 Gc - Heaven's Drive (Unreleased) Ps2 - Crazy Taxi Gc - Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M. Ps1 - Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX: Maximum Remix Ps1 - Forsaken PC - Machines PC - 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker Gc - All-Star Baseball 2003 featuring Derek Jeter Gc - Aggressive Inline Ps2 - Jeremy McGrath Supercross World 2002 Ps2 - XGIII: Extreme G Racing Ps2 - XGIII: Extreme G Racing Gc
Acclaim prototype of the project "Duff'y Dreamcast Collection" : Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX - Dead or Alive 2 - Ducati World Racing Challenge - ECW Hardcore Revolution - F355 Challenge - Fur Figthers - NFL Quarterback Club 2000 - Re-Volt - South Park: Chef's Luv Shack - South Park Rally - Spirit of Speed 1937 - Vanishing Point
More than 200 prototypes, documents, presskits have been dumped or scanned, you will find them in free download in the "Releases de prototypes et documents"